We are 1.2 million neighbors, friends, and community leaders who come together to create positive, lasting change in our communities and around the world. Our differing occupations, cultures, and countries give us a unique perspective. Our shared passion for service helps us accomplish the remarkable.
What makes us different?
Our distinct point of view and approach gives us unique advantages:
- We see differently: Our multidisciplinary perspective helps us see challenges in unique ways.
- We think differently: We apply leadership and expertise to social issues—and find unique solutions.
- We act responsibly: Our passion and perseverance create lasting change.
- We make a difference at home and around the world: Our members can be found in your community and across the globe.
How do we work?
Our impact starts with our members—people who work tirelessly with their clubs to solve some of our communities' toughest challenges. Their efforts are supported by Rotary International, our member association, and The Rotary Foundation, which turns generous donations into grants that fund the work of our members and partners around the world. Rotary is led by our members—responsible leaders who help to carry forward our organization's mission and values in their elected roles.
Explore our structure DO WE WANT TO KEEP THIS?
How did we get here?
We've been making history and bringing our world closer together for over 100 years. Since forming in 1905, we've taken on some of the world's toughest challenges and helped a wide range of international and service organizations—from the UN to Easter Seals—get started.
Learn about Rotary's history
How do we use our funds?
Responsible leadership means more than just doing good work—it means making the most out of every donation we receive.
See how we maximize our impact
What causes do we support?
We have identified specific causes to target to maximize our local and global impact. At the same time, we understand that each community has its own unique needs and concerns. Through our network of resources and partners, we help clubs focus their service efforts in promoting peace, fighting disease, providing clean water, saving mothers and children, supporting education, and growing local economies.
Learn more about the service projects that support our causes
Are you an established professional wanting to make positive changes in the community and around the world?
Becoming a Rotarian connects you with a diverse group of professionals who share your drive to give back. Over a meal or coffee, or even online, you'll:
- Discuss your community's needs and discover creative ways to meet them
- Expand your leadership and professional skills
- Catch up with good friends and meet new ones
Clubs accept new members by invitation. Let us help connect you with a club in your area. It's not only a good way to get to know us—it's also a great way to get involved in your community.
Are you a student or young professional looking to grow your leadership skills?
We have clubs and programs that can help you increase these skills, gain world understanding, and make lifelong friendships—all while making a real difference in your community.
- Rotaract is for emerging leaders ages 18–30 who want to develop their professional and leadership skills while helping others.
- Interact is for students ages 12–18 who have an interest in community service and global exchange. Interact clubs are often affiliated with a local school.
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) is a leadership training program for young people, run by local clubs.
Expand your network-and your worldview.
Are you interested in sharing your unique skills and experiences with others in your community?
Rotary unites people from all continents, cultures, and occupations—it's truly one of our greatest strengths. Our members are leaders in their fields and communities. Our diverse perspectives help us to see problems differently—and help us solve them in communities throughout the world.
Through Rotary, our members find many ways to meet, exchange ideas, and make lifelong friendships, including:
- Weekly club meetings
- Online discussion boards
- Interest-based affinity groups
- Local events
- Our annual international convention
- Interested in connecting with Rotary members in your community?
Help us create lasting change in communities around the world. committed to taking on some of the world's most pressing challenges.Learn more about our work
DO YOU KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING IN YOUR COMMUNITY—AND AROUND THE WORLD?
Rotary members unite at home and across the globe to put our experience and knowledge to work tackling our most pressing challenges. We focus our efforts in six areas: promoting peace, preventing diseases, providing access to clean water and sanitation, enhancing maternal and child health, improving basic education and literacy, and helping communities develop.
We are especially dedicated to ending polio in our lifetimes. Rotary members have persevered in this fight since 1979 and have now helped eradicate polio in all but three countries worldwide.
When you give to Rotary, you support the work we do in your community and around the world. We are a responsible organization that uses nearly 90% of our funding for program expenses.GIVE NOW